Friday, January 6, 2012

Ditch the Resolutions

I am going to lose 15 pounds. I am going to get more sleep. I will spend more quality time with my kids. I will give up coffee.


Did your new year start off like this? So many of us make resolutions at the start of each year. Some of us succeed, many of us fail. And we may not be achieving our goals in part because we are not setting up our intentions correctly.


This year, instead of resolutions try to set some positive affirmations for yourself. Affirmations are different from resolving to do better because they focus on the end result or goal in a present-tense format. By doing so, affirmations "get their energy by producing feelings. It is this energy which extends outward to create change," according to certified life coach Danea Horn. By impressing their energy on your subconscious - and on the world around you - positive affirmations will attract or change the world around you to help you achieve your desired goals. Of course, they need to be said with intention and conviction, followed by positive action in the right direction.

Ms. Horn offers some simple suggestions for creating powerful affirmations for the year ahead. First, start in the present tense. Instead of "I am going to lose 15 pounds" try "I am fit and healthy." Keep your affirmations short and sweet, and keep your affirmation positive. Rather than saying "I am not in debt" focus on "I am prosperous and successful" to stay in the best tone possible. Here are some positive affirmations for 2012 that may be useful:


  • I have a lot of energy.


  • I am calm and relaxed in every situation.


  • I have all the time I need.


  • I radiate love and happiness.


  • I am nourished by my food.

It's a new year and it's the best one yet!

2 comments:

  1. Homeschooling, homemaking and everything else in my to-do pile often leaves me a wreck. This year I resolved to be happy, healthy and stress-free.

    Its a struggle to accept that my floors won't always be clean and that there will probably be dishes in the sink 99% of the time. The clean floors don't make my kids happier though so I'm setting out to just chill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said!! The power of positivity is what creates a healthy environment for us all to live in! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! Please note that direct solicitations, links for marketing purposes, and other self-promotions in our comments will be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.